Monday, October 23, 2006

Let's Go Arting!

I think everyone else who has a blog and who is going to ArtFest has already posted about how excited they are about it. I'm every bit as excited, believe me - I'm just being slow these days! I really did have a post all typed up a couple of weeks ago, but Blogger ate it somehow, honest! Actually, I think what really happened is I fell asleep after I wrote the post, but before I could save it. Then I woke up and turned off my laptop without saving anything. Sheesh! That was kinda dumb...now I have to see if I can remember what I wrote.

So - anyway, I am going to ArtFest in March, and I'm getting more jazzed by the day about it. It's going to be a fun extended weekend of making art and meeting all kinds of mixed-media artists. I'm feeling a bit intimidated, since I'm pretty new at all this. But when
Heather came to Seattle for ArtFiberFest and I went to meet her there, it all looked like so much fun. So when she told me ArtFest was coming and that we should go, I decided to jump right in. When I got my confirmation packet and saw that I got all three of my first choices for workshops, I was just so ecstatic!

Let's see...I'm taking a class on making paper transparent with resin, a class where we'll be making metal charms for a bracelet, and a wonderful journaling class in which we'll be turning a vintage ledger into a journal with all kinds of altered pages.

The best part is, Heather and I will be roomies in the dorm there, and we ended up taking all the same classes. I think we're in trouble here sleepwise. The last time we got together at a beading retreat, we did far more laughing and beading than sleeping! Everyone said that I looked really rested when I got back, so it must be true what they say about laughter...

In the meantime between now and March, I'm working on putting together the supplies I'll need for classes. Thank goodness we'll be driving, because there's going to be a lot of things I'll need to take. Heather and I will be going up together, and you know how much stuff an artist can haul around, let alone two!

1 comment:

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I wish I could go! But I'm already going to Vegas in March.