Monday, May 22, 2006

UFOs* (No, Not the Flying Kind!)

Hellebore rock *Unfinished objects

I'm one of those creative types who have lots of projects in various stages of completion. Some I am anxious about finishing as soon as possible, and some I wonder if I will ever complete. Perhaps this head full of ideas is some type of ADD; I seem to be so easily distracted by bright and sparkly things. I get excited about an idea, and I must explore it immediately. I have never been one who could finish one thing at a time! That's too organized and efficient for me!

So - my question is, if I share a UFO (unfinished object) here on my blog, will it give me more incentive to complete it? Will it make me feel responsible to my audience (assuming I eventually have one) to have something to show for myself? Or will I come to resent the thing as it stares back at me each time I look at it...unfinished, incomplete, laughing at my inability to see the thing through...

Hmmm...I'll have to try it and see what happens! I'd also love to know if anyone else has any thoughts about this idea. For now, however, I'll show you a picture of one of my completed projects. This is actually a rock, which I covered with peyote-stitched beads. Then I made the hellebore flower for the top. The rock now resides in a silver artist's home, in a shrine of precious objects. I traded him for a beautiful silver and lampwork glass necklace. It was my first trade, and I felt so flattered that someone would think so much of my little piece that they would want to trade with me!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love your rock!! I have one of your rocks in my kitchen sitting beside one of Heather's Rocks. Rocks in my kitchen...better than rocks in my head. LOL

Jay said...

Hey there Sassy. I'm responding to your comment about my wireless. No, I haven't fixed it yet. I got kinda busy and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

I thought I was so smart when I decided I didn't need to pay any extra to my ISP to include tech support. HA! I'm an idiot!

I don't know why I can get my desktop to connect when the router is hooked up. But, I think the only option is to get a new modem. A combo wireless/router/wired modem. So I can have wired internet for the desktop and wireless for the lap top.

I think that's the best I can do.

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to seeing where you go with yours. It's fun, but can be addicting!