Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hey, It's Me!


OK - after much procrastinating, and much nagging by my online friends (you know who you are!), I am finally taking the plunge and joining the blogging crowd. I don't know if I have anything momentous to say, but I often have random thoughts that it would be nice to put down somewhere. I am also a prolific beader, and I dabble a lot in mixed media projects. If it's OK with everyone, I will share my results, as I am often very pleased with what I made! I also like to take pictures with my digital camera, especially of gardens and flowers.

In my other life, I am a technical writer. Now, being adept at technical writing does not necessarily mean I am a great creative writer, but perhaps blogging on a fairly regular basis will help me polish my skills...we shall see, eh?

So - here goes... these are lillies in my mum's garden, just one of the many she has planted. Aren't they lovely? Later this week, I will try to get a picture of some of her peonies that just bloomed...they are just beautiful!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are lovely... and it's so lovely you're here! Yay! :)

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Yay So excited you have joined the blogging world.

Jay said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, Sassy.

Lora said...

Blog away baby!! Glad to see you!!!

sassybead said...

Hey thanks everyone for the welcome! This is fun and scary and exciting all in one. I especially want to thank Joleen and Heather for keeping after me to finally just blog it.