Saturday, December 23, 2006

Have Yourself a Merry Little...

Meme...I know, I know. My last post was a meme too, but this is a really neat one. It helped me really think of all the wonderful things that make Christmas so special to me. I got this from Heather...

1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog – cuz I can put it IN my hot chocolate, and IN my coffee!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh they have to be wrapped. It prolongs the suspense that way.

3. Colored lights or white on tree/house ? Colored on the house, white and blue icicles and retro colored big lights on my deck. With a pink ball of lights in the middle. I’m such a kid about the lights at Christmastime!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No – no one here to kiss!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Before, during, and after Christmas! Some stay up all year…
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? The German dish we have for dinner, called rouladen.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Sitting around the fire and listening to “A Child’s Christmas in Wales” by Dylan Thomas
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Whaddya mean, “the truth”?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was a kid we opened one gift from our Grandma on Christmas Eve, but now we wait until Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Tons of little lights, then ornaments – I love glass ones in different shapes, and I have lots of little colored iridescent glass balls, then a big long ribbon for the garland.

11. Snow… love it or dread it? I love it when it first falls, and I can look out on a winter fairyland. If I have to drive in it – not so much!
12. Do you know how to ice skate? I did…once…
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There have been so many…my Tammy doll when I was about ten, my Madame Alexander doll for my “last doll” when I was twelve, my silver charm bracelet…
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Time with my family, and enjoying all our traditions
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? YES!! (I’ll second Heather’s sentiments here!)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We hang a papier mache Santa in his sleigh from the ceiling, and Santa leaves little presents in there that we open after dinner on Boxing Day. That’s where my bracelet was…Santa leaves us the neatest things in his sleigh!
17. What tops your tree? A white teddy bear that’s an angel bear with wings and a halo that I made him.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving - I love the feeling I get when I see someone I love open something I found or made that is "just perfect" (Again, I’m going to leave Heather’s answer…because it’s just exactly how I feel!)
19. Favorite Christmas Song? “I’ll Stop the Calvary” by the Cory Band.
20. Favorite Flavor of Candy Canes? Are there chocolate ones?

Now...to everyone out there in Blogland, have a very Merry Christmas, and enjoy your family and friends and all the wonderful things that are this time of year.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Have a Merry Christmas Sassybead!